A little over two weeks ago we had a 2 hour delay at school. I got a recorded call from my superintendent at 5:15 that Friday morning, and was ecstatic that I could go back to bed. However, an overwhelming urge to pee and a crazy instinct, that you can't believe until you feel it, summoned me out of bed and into the bathroom. Being an expert pee-er on a stick, I took the pregnancy test with my eyes half open, fully expecting to only see one little, lonely line. Through my blurry eyes, I saw two lines, and the rest is history.
Fast forward to today: two blood tests, a wonderful ultrasound, and several screaming/crying relatives and friends later, I am in the middle of my sixth week. I am exhausted, I am nauseous (even the thought of salitines or oyster crackers makes me want to hurl, great!), and I have already purchased two pairs of prego pants even though I didn't need to because, let's face it, the less pressure on a nauseated belly, the better. I have been on vacation since 12/21, and sadly I have spent more hours than I care to admit on the couch or my new (and friggin amazing) king size bed. Even though I will not show for a while, I think it is starting to hit me... there's a person growing inside of me. A beautiful, innocent, precious, miraculous, perfect little mix of me and Joe. How unreal is that?
The uncomfortable before picture...yikes!
15 years ago
3 comments:
Lauren I am very excited to hear ALL about the next nine months via this blog of yours! Dovev and I are so happy for you and Joe! Congrats again!
Ohhhh...So cute. What an amazing time you are about to embark on. WE love you guys!
yo. we wicked psyched. it's cool that joe's the daddy but it would also be cool if Nomar Garciaparra had knocked you up cause then you'd have a wicked cute baby and a fat check every month. but no seriously we're really happy about the whole joe thing (way to go joe). we love your face off.
kat and amy
Post a Comment