Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oh, so tired

Yesterday was a big day! I call it my "big day out." It was the first weekend day in 6 weeks that I actually woke up, felt good, showered right away, and wanted to leave the house! I decided to take advantage of this rarity, and my husband and I ventured out to the New England Aquarium.

After waiting in line (outside, in the cold... what genius thought of that idea in Massachusetts??) for about 20 minutes, we were finally inside. After making a quick stop to the restroom (of course), we were finally ready to go. Well, not quite. It suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't eaten since breakfast, and I was absolutely starving! So, off to the café we went. $20.00 later, and one happy pregnant lady filled up, we were ready.

We walked around the very crowded aquarium for about an hour; going upstairs, downstairs, dodging strollers and running children, looking at sharks and stingrays and giant turtles. The penguins made us laugh and the screaming toddlers made us want to cry. All in all, it was a very nice time, and baby's first encounter with what will no doubt be an obsession: animals.

So, take the 20 minutes it took us to get there and park, add the 20 minutes that we waited in line, add the 20 minutes that we spent eating (I was done sooner, of course), add the one hour that we actually spent walking around, and then the 20 minutes that it took us to get home. That is a GRAND total of...... 2 hours and 20 minutes.

That was my big, first trimester, day out. I literally fell on the couch when we got home and didn't move for the rest of the day. 2 hours and 20 minutes. Oh, so, tired.

1 comment:

Katie said...

your life from now on will be a series of 2 hour episodes. Thats about as long as you can be away from the baby or away from home with the baby without either of you freaking out. fun fun!