Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stuck on the Couch

After coughing for about a week, I finally decided to break down and go to the doctor. One ear infection later, I am lying on the couch, unable to sleep due to my nasty cough. I was hoping to get through this pregnancy without taking any medication, but here I am on the Z-Pack, which my OB and my primary assured me is perfectly safe, especially since I am at 12 weeks.

So, here I am, watching nothing on TV, and floating around on the internet. Taking an idea from Katie, I think I will post my favorite things....

Brady and Max: My cat and my bunny are like my children. I know that it seems strange to those who are not pet owners, but they really are. When the baby comes, these guys will still be my loves; I will just need to make room for one more!

Animals:
Cats, bunnies, dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, turtles, hermit crabs, you name it, I love it. Animals have become sort of an obsession in the past few years. They are so sweet, loving, and damn cute (my God, what will I be like when I meet my baby!!) My dream is to become a vet technician someday. We shall see....

Wine: Not right now, of course. I love the taste of good wine. I love pinot grigio for white wine, and cabernet for red wine. I wish I could say that I know a lot about wine, but I really don't. I only know that I love it, and that I look forward to the day when I can enjoy a glass again.

A Good Book: I have not read a really good book in a while, but I am constantly looking for one.

Getting US Weekly in the Mail: It's cheesy, I know. But "it's my thing, let it go!"

Water: Not to swim in, but to drink. It just feels so good to drink.

Sleeping In:
So rare, and will become more rare when the little one arrives, but it is so wonderful!

Cooking:
I haven't wanted to do this for about 2 months, but once the idea of preparing food doesn't disgust me anymore, I look forward to it!

The Beach:
I love the sound of the waves, the heat of the sun, the sand in my feet, and the sheer relaxation of it all.

Of course, there are more, including my wonderful husband, family, and friends. There is just so much to be grateful for in life!

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's my thing let it go...Love it!