Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Maternity clothes, breakfast food, and yoga

I remember when I was on December vacation. I was nauseous, exhausted, miserable, nervous, and kept thinking, "I can't wait until February vacation, I will be so much further along!" Well, here I am; it's February vacation, and so much has changed! I am no longer nauseous (thank GOD!), and I am finally beginning to feel better and have more energy.

Maternity Clothes: With all of this newfound energy, I decided to go out with my mom yesterday and get some maternity clothes. I mainly needed some pants, as the shirts are still too big to wear right now (although the boob growth is insane!). So, there we were, my mom and I, at Destination Maternity, grabbing some things for me to try on. I had heard that there were "belly pillows" in the dressing room, so that you could see how the clothes would fit later on in pregnancy. I was SO excited to see what I looked like with one of the pillows strapped around my waist. I was not, however, prepared to break down crying in the dressing room! I guess no one can truly know how she will react when she looks gynormous within seconds. I have a new respect for the SLOW growing belly. Oh, who am I kidding. I know when it's real, and not a lumpy pillow, I will be overjoyed.

Breakfast Food: After all of this maternity shopping, my mom and I were hungry, and went to a diner for lunch. Turns out this wonderful establishment served breakfast for lunch!! Let me preface by saying that I have been craving real breakfast food for weeks. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, and lots of syrup. So, with thoughts of a burger behind me, I almost inhaled my pancakes, eggs, and homefries. Just thinking about it makes me want more. And more. Don't worry, I took a yummy salad home for dinner!

Yoga: Which brings me to today. I slept in late; I had a horrible headache (another charming pregnancy woe). When I got up, I lounged around and contimplated taking Tylenol (I didn't), ate, and relaxed. Then I took my little bunny, Max, to the vet for his check-up. The little guy got a clean bill of health, although, surprise surprise, he was a tad overweight (a trend in our house right now, cat included). When I got home, I felt great and thought, hmmm, maybe I will try the prenatal yoga video, woo-hoo! This is the video that I ordered online the second I found out I was pregnant, in the vain hope that I would be one of those calm, relaxed pregnant women who can't say enough about yoga. Yoga, yoga, yoga. I desperately wanted to be one of those women! Well, I got into sweats, sat on the floor ready to be transformed, and popped in the video. I lasted about 5 minutes. It was SO slow and boring, I wanted to scream! I guess I am more of the get out and walk type of pregnant lady. Not so much the get in touch with your inner-self and pose pregnant lady. Who was I kidding!

Now I can look forward to April vacation...

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's ok not to be a "yoga Mom"
And P.S babies don't like yoga either so I'll save you the time and money and tell you to steer clear of Mommy/baby yoga. A.k.A Mommie trying to catch babie while pretending to be calm and centered.
Want to be relaxed- Cup of decaf tea and an US weekly!
Love you La! You're too funny!