Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mothers and Daughters

I am so excited. After a wonderful ultrasound today, we found out that we will have a beautiful daughter in August. Since I am quite the planner, I was very intent on finding out the sex early, but I could've never prepared for how very special it was! I hear all of these stories about women who cry when they have ultrasounds, but I have never actually cried. Until today, that is! It was just so overwhelming to discover that we are having a girl. It just seems so much more real now!

This got me thinking about mothers and daughters. What a wonderful and special bond. I just cannot wait to have the relationship with my daughter that my mother and I have. We are best friends, and I couldn't imagine life any different. It is such a blessing. Oh, and don't forget the dresses, pig-tails, patent leather dress shoes, and Easter hats. : )

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh the Easter dresses, hats and shoes. Ok I guess I might want a girl some day.