
I always get quite sentimental around the holidays, especially that time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also feel the need to free myself from any weight issues during this time due to the "it's the holiday" excuse, but that's a different story entirely.
A friend of mine just suffered a terrible loss this past weekend, and it makes me realize how very lucky I am. I have wonderful parents, a wonderful group of friends, the best husband in the world, and a little baby girl who lights up my life. Some of my friends are going through so much right now, and it just breaks my heart. I have never seen such strength.
This is a perfect time to reflect on what's really important. It's not being in the shortest line at the grocery store, or buying a certain gift, or having the best holiday party. It's about the people that we love. It's about peace and caring. Wow, and I didn't even have any wine tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment